Our entire learning community actively accepts responsibility for the success of all students. We provide a warm, safe, orderly, and trusting environment, the challenge to excel, and the opportunity to reach his or her highest level of academic achievement. Bowers Elementary School is a school where learning is expected and respected and where we believe that every child deserves our best.
The mission of Bowers Elementary School is to work collaboratively with families and the community-at-large to provide a climate for personal and academic success. Every student will be provided the opportunity to reach his or her highest level of academic achievement in an environment that nurtures respect, responsibility, and a life-long love of learning.
- All students and staff should be respected and show respect.
- Strong family and community relationships are important in achieving success.
- All children are entitled to be taught at their own instructional level with a rigorous curriculum.
- Building adult/student relationships is critical to student achievement.
- Children learn best when they are active participants in their learning.
- Consistent and open communication between all stakeholders is critical.
- Providing a school climate that is welcoming and accepting promotes learning.
- Opportunities for learning must extend beyond the school day and all children must have access.